What Is Dyslexia?
The Rose Report on dyslexia defined it as “a learning difficulty that primarily affects the skills involved in accurate and fluent word reading and spelling”.
- There isn’t one specific cause
- Focus on reading and spelling difficulties
- Moves away from the idea that dyslexia is linked to low intelligence – the mechanism for reading is separate from issues of intelligence. High-achieving, and low-achieving children have been shown to experience the same issues in memory and decoding in reading
- There is no one test for dyslexia – dyslexia is best identified by ongoing teacher assessment
- Dyslexia is a continuum – everybody has difficulties with reading/spelling to one degree or another
Bookings & enquiries
If you are interested in booking a course, please send us details of your preferred dates and somebody will contact you to discuss further.
We can provide bespoke training if you have specific requirements. Please ask us below.